Tuesday, 28 August 2007

Blood moon

For a while there it looked like it would be cloudy all evening, but fortunately it cleared and allowed us to see the eclipse of the moon tonight. Since it took place over a couple of hours, I spent most of the evening inside, but ducked out the front door every so often to check on progress. It looked pretty much as expected -- blood red. I tried to take a photo but failed, so I have posted a picture taken by the ABC.




The nasa web site has extensive information on eclipses and transits etc. And this is a special web page for this particular eclipse.

1 comment:

  1. The moon was excellent. There we were, leaving my brother's house, all in awe of the moon. "Look Sabina, look at the moon". "Ooooh", she says looking in the opposite direction. "Oh! Vow vow! (dog)".
    *sigh* I guess you have to be old enough.

    ReplyDelete