Friday, 31 August 2007

Size 10!

This evening I had the most ridiculous experience. I went shopping for clothes and came away with pants that are size 10! One pair, I might have considered a fluke, an aberration, but I now have three pairs of size 10s. I don't think I have ever worn size 10 in my entire life. I'm sure size 10s are not what they used to be, and I should also add that these are shops that sell clothes for 'real women'. Nevertheless, I can't help feeling rather triumphant about the whole exercise.

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and impressed, yet extremely jealous at the same time. I am sure I wont recognise you when I see you. You will have to send me a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you will. There's still plenty of flab around, believe me. (But I have reconfirmed the experience with another four pairs of size 10s, albeit from the same shopping chain.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen, that's fantastic!!!! I'm sure that must feel amazing! Now the trouble will be the balance on your credit card - hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, well done!
    So, then did you go out and feast on that huge piece of delicious cake?
    (I would have. In fact I will, the minute I fit into my size 10 skirt, and suit, and stuff).

    ReplyDelete