Saturday, 13 October 2007

Blue Dragon


I finished Blue Dragon, book 3 of Kylie Chan's Dark Heavens trilogy, this week. Although I wouldn't rate this series up there in my top 10, I have certainly enjoyed it a lot, probably mostly because of its unique setting in modern day Hong Kong and the oriental world of martial arts, celestial beings and demons. The final installment takes things a few steps further than book 2 (Red Phoenix), just enough to keep it interesting, although I think the first (White Tiger) remains my favourite. I understand there is another series to follow, since the story is far from finished, and I will certainly be reading those as well. Having said all that, these are not perfect novels in terms of craft etc, but they are enjoyable -- and I guess that's the main thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment