Monday, 2 June 2008

Found my study again

Progress this evening. After over a week of coffee-table computing I have relocated the new computer to its rightful place -- the study!

It has been a lovely indulgence to sit in front of the TV and read blogs or send e-mails. I've been kidding myself that it's multi-tasking. But in reality I've been deluded. Hunching over a computer on the coffee table, or perching it on your lap even, is simply not conducive to proper productivity.

It has been 2 months since I made any real progress on the novel and it's time to get serious again. I need to avoid switching on the TV, a feat I've managed this evening, and get back into writing.

The first step to achieving this was setting my computer up properly in the study, with files copied across to the new computer and software loaded. This is almost complete now and I feel a great sigh of relief about to wash over me. I desperately need to get away from the couch! What's happened to the person who sits at her desk all evening, every evening?

She's back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment