Tuesday, 24 June 2008

High tea at Raffles


To cap off my week in Singapore, my hosts and I partook of high tea at the famous Raffles Hotel. This was an English style repast in an old colonial hotel. We were greeted with a three-tiered plate of afternoon tea delicacies: dainty cucumber and smoked salmon sandwiches, delectable custard-filled pastries, traditional scones. This was complemented by a buffet of local cuisine that included Asian style dumplings, savoury pastries and fruit.

We were booked in at 4:30 on Saturday afternoon, ahead of my 11:30pm flight home. The theory was that high tea would serve as an early dinner. So we ate. And ate. I requested more custard-filled pastries and continued eating. Oh, and downed a Singapore Sling or two.

I ate so much last week, what with champagne brunch, high tea, and many more meals in between (including a seafood banquet at East Coast Seafood Park). This week I am compensating!

1 comment:

  1. How decadent! Seems like Singapore is worth a trip, just for the food!

    ReplyDelete