Sunday, 12 October 2008

From the deck!

Last week it was the massive deck down at Phillip Island with a Brown Brothers orange muscat. Right now, it's my own little deck at home with a gin & tonic. This is the first time since I've had a wireless router at home that it's been warm enough and pleasant enough to migrate out here, and isn't it fantastic? There're still a couple of hours of daylight left, and if the mozzies don't get me, I plan to sit here for a bit and perhaps write.

I've spent all afternoon on a story for work -- a terrible way to spend a sunny Sunday! Chenna has been keeping me company though, sleeping in the most unlikely of places all over a bunch of cables, with her head on the power source. Can't be good for her or the power source. And until a moment ago, she was sprawled out on the outdoor table, where I'm sitting just now. Very companionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment