Sunday, 25 January 2009

In the spirit of Trinny & Susanna

Last week I hosted an Intimo party, which is party-plan 'intimate apparel' for women. The presentations are different from the usual party plan evenings, because instead of everybody focusing on the objects at hand all at once, the presenter takes people off into the bedroom/fitting room and gives a personal one-on-one fitting and styling session (a la Trinny and Susanna, English style gurus and TV bra evangelists). This means that everyone else sits around gossiping about all sorts of things, waiting for their turn. It also means the evening goes quite late!

We had a lovely evening drinking and nibbling and chatting. And I think everyone came away with some new pieces on order, including me who scored quite a lot of free stuff (the usual party plan hostess perk). I've said it before and I will say it again: I think party plan selling is a great way to shop, because you can focus on one single thing at a time. It allows you to be opportunistic, and purchase items you might not necessarily feel inclined to shop for (such as linen, cosmetics, intimate apparel!). And it's a fabulous excuse for catching up with friends in the process.

2 comments:

  1. I used to think that the whole party-plan thing was a bit of a "forced-to-buy" scheme. But I have so changed my tune over the years.

    The Intimo party, took the cake though. The whole concept of going into a fitting room, being properly fitted, and being given some styling tips was awesome! This is something you just don't get in shops any more.

    And while waiting to be fitted I just had the best catchup with everyone.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I never feel 'forced' to buy. You have to hold me back! My brain kicks into another shopping gear completely.

    I'm glad you had a good night - me too.

    ReplyDelete