Friday, 3 July 2009

Movie: Transformers 2

I snuck in a movie this week, but although Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was entertaining enough it was pretty forgettable. I must admit I had been warned, but the first Transformers movie was rather good, I thought.

Anyway, the sequel got all too far-fetched and ridiculous, with special effects taking precedence over storytelling. I found the action sequences all too fast-paced, so that I couldn't really see what was happening. And it was nigh on impossible to distinguish friend from foe most of the time. Nor did I care much about the outcome of any of the battles. I do recall feeling frustrated because the characters kept on falling over instead of getting where they wanted to go.

Having said that, Megan Fox is stunning all through, and John Tuturro is both funny and poignant. It's not all bad. There are some lovely scenes in Egypt, and some tremendous shots of an evil decepticon dismantling an ancient pyramid! (Although I have to say the writers' use of well-known ancient architectural wonders such as Petra and the pyramids rather lame and disappointing.)

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment