Monday, 6 April 2009

Not quite getting there

I've been away two weeks now, and still no writing. I don't think it's going to happen somehow. I've been busy and yet not busy, but the kids really do take it out of you! I've been able to snatch an hour or two on my computer here and there, but it's all I can do to keep up with email and the occasional blog-post. On top of this, there is a work story I'm supposed to be writing while I'm away . . . I tackled it last Sunday, but haven't given it much thought since. If I take any time out to write, I guess it has to be that. (Yes, I know I'm on leave, but the days I spend writing this story will not be counted as leave, and my life will be much less stressful if I get it done before I go back to work!) I am going to have to find time to finish it in the next week. I think a few sessions of a few hours ought to do it. Meanwhile, I shall just have to be content with thinking about my novel and getting geared up for a major intensive on my return home. But then again, who knows?

3 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up -- you're only away a short time and need to make the most of it.

    Can you take some time out on the plane and work on your novel then? Even if it's just reading to re-immerse yourself in the story so you're ready to go...

    Good luck, and in the meantime -- ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not beating myself up, I'm far too pragmatic! I don't think I assumed I'd get anything done, just hoped. It's been great having my computer though, since I've been able to keep up with email and facebook and blogging etc.

    As for writing on the plane . . . I really doubt it. I don't have a print out of the novel and my battery will only last for around 4 hours, so I'd probably just get into it, when I'd have to stop. I also think I would find it all too cramped and inconvenient. Much better to attack with vigour when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fair enough. Yes, I must say it's been great to read your blog posts. Will you update them when your back with some photos? You should. I'd love to see some. (Or all of them less publicly. The traveller in me *really* enjoys looking at other people's photos!)

    ReplyDelete