Sunday, 10 May 2009

Halfway there

Had a good weekend at the island with two of my writing buddies. I spent the time working on chapters 21 and 22 of my rewrite. These chapters will each end up a combination of new words and existing -- it's satisfying that some of my previous draft remains relevant!

We also spent some time discussing synopses, and other aspects of submissions. There's another manuscript development workshop coming up, and all three of us are planning to apply, so we need to get our synopses and first 50p into shape. I've decided to modify my existing synopsis (it's too complicated), plus attempt a completely 'out there' version, taking a creative and non-linear tack. Then I'll get some feedback on the two from my brunch group. Twill be interesting!

I'm probably about halfway through my novel rewrite at the moment. It's taken 18 months to get this far, which is really NOT what I had in mind when I started! I'm hoping I can leverage a lot more of the remaining existing material in order to finish the whole thing by the end of the year. That means about 20 chapters (~60,000 words) in 6 months. That's almost one per week. Possible? Hmmm. I'll give it a go :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment