Monday, 1 June 2009

Playing out to maximum effect

This is what happens when I finally get into a good writing groove. I get boring (as far as other people are concerned). Who wants to read about how many words I wrote in the last week? Who wants to hear me whinge about all the things which prevented me from reaching my targets?

I am rather enjoying myself though. Even if I'm not meeting my targets, I feel like I'm getting somewhere. I'm through the setup phase and into the middle section of the novel where things are actually playing out. New characters are being introduced that really start to shake things up. Lots of fun!

I think it's from about here that it starts getting easier as events get more exciting. Because I know pretty much what is happening, the rewrite is about working it all to maximum effect. I am damn well going to have this novel finished by the end of the year. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment