Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Island Idyll


Another four days down at the island and I'm feeling nice and relaxed. The great revelation has been my new Dodo mobile broadband, enabling me to go online while I'm away. So here I am, sitting in our beach house, feeling connected.

The main purpose of this long weekend away was to get some writing and walking done, as well as general relaxing. It's been a nice mix of cosy chats, companionable walks, targeted writing time. We've practised using the cappuccino maker too -- a good holiday activity.

Yesterday I took a drive around the island to work out a good 'long walk' route for when the Trailwalker team comes down here next weekend. Phillip Island is not really set up for 20km walks! Most of the picturesque walks are 3-5km in length, so I'm trying to figure out the best way of linking them up.

On the writing front it's been moderately productive. I've actually had a better week in general, getting up early Mon-Wed to write before breakfast, so to cap this off with some more output this weekend has been good. I feel as though I'm getting back into the swing of it, although am still facing an enormous number of distractions. Will try to keep up the pre-breakfast sessions.

I've been doing a fair degree of reading as well (or, rather, listening). Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is getting better as at goes on. And I've been very much enjoying the audio of The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton. Will blog on this properly when I've finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment