Sunday, 15 November 2009

Week log: one up, one down

It seems like my life is one big checklist at the moment -- whether training, writing, housework, fundraising, blogging, or marcoms stuff for Aussiecon 4. Too many things to do and not enough time. It has come to the point where I am considering taking a day off work to actually get some things done!

Anyway, the point of this post is to provide a training and writing log for the week:

Writing: zero (Will have to reverse that this week with some morning stints, I think!)

Training: Walked to work & back three times, went to the gym three times, plus conquered the 1000 steps twice in the Dandenongs on Saturday morning. This last was fabulous. It felt great to get out early and achieve something before 9am! See our Footsloggers post here. I also discovered the merits of 'sports water' (mizone) on Friday afternoon. I'd had a couple of minor cramps during my gym workout after work, so decided I needed some electrolytes for the walk home . . . what I hadn't counted on was the sugar rush. Instead of dragging my weary self home, I fairly bounced all the way. I am still in awe at the difference in my energy levels. Will definitely do some more experimentation with other brands and formulas -- if possible, I would like to consume somewhat LESS than 28g of sugar per 700ml!

So a good training week, despite the lack of long walk, but a lousy writing week. Somehow it's always the writing that gets shafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment