Thursday, 24 June 2010

Travel bug!

There haven't been too many words written this month. (Of the fictional kind, that is.) The truth is that travel plans have consumed most of my attention. They're starting to take shape as the various family members coordinate schedules. And, yes, going to the Alhambra!

Stage 1 of my big trip will be four weeks travelling with Intrepid from Paris to Barcelona, taking in the Loire Valley, Bordeaux and a good deal of Spain in the process. I'm really looking forward to it. In fact, my insides are skipping and every so often I find myself staring into space with a stupid smile on my face...

The plan is also to invest in a netbook computer so I can utilise plane and train trips with writing and blogging etc. I'm truly expecting to be inspired by all the amazing sights and tastes and sounds of Europe, and I want to be able to capture that. In fact, a netbook computer is evidently the must-have item of every traveller these days. Amazing how far the world has come since I first went to Europe in 1993, and spent all my free time writing diaries and post cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment