Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Book launch: Madigan Mine

And now for something a little more upbeat than my previous post . . . Last night I attended the long-anticipated launch of Kirstyn McDermott's novel, Madigan Mine. Kirstyn is a member of my writers group, and a good friend. I still remember the day in the cafe (April 09) when she told us all the novel had been accepted for publication and how excited we all were. (Although not, of course, as excited as she!) It has been fabulous to live vicariously through the publishing experience and see how it all comes together. Many of our group turned up last night to help celebrate the success of one of our own.

I am looking forward to reading Madigan Mine, because I'm sure that like all Kirstyn's writing it will be brilliant. In the meantime, here's the blurb: 

When Alex meets Madigan again everything changes. His childhood sweetheart is beautiful and impulsive, but there is something wrong with her. Something dangerous.

Then she commits suicide.

Now Alex can’t get Madigan out of his head. Is it all in his mind, or is she communicating with him?

To save himself and those he loves, Alex must uncover the sinister reason why Madigan took her own life – and why she won’t lie still in her grave.

It has been getting great reviews, and I wish Kirstyn lots of readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment