Saturday, 5 February 2011

Wishlist temptation

I've become rather enamoured of my Amazon kindle wishlist. It's like a virtual library of desperately interesting books that I'm simply dying to read -- and they are only a single-click away. Merely perusing the eight titles currently wishlisted makes my stomach lurch with anticipation, and I start contemplating blowing off whatever plans I had for the evening in favour of settling down with a good book . . . er, e-reader. (Actually, I do have plenty of paper-and-ink books I could be reading as well.)

My kindle wishlist is currently growing at a furious rate, because it's that time of the year when my reading group starts nominating books for 2011. Although I may end up deciding to buy hardcopies, I want to identify which selected books are available as kindle books (and therefore can be downloaded instantaneously) before I get suddenly stuck unable to source the book. Unfortunately the first book up for the year is NOT available on the kindle (for Australian readers), but at least I know now!

My kindle wishlist as of this moment is:
  • Room, Emma Donoghue
  • The distant hours, Kate Morton
  • The lake of dreams, Kim Edwards
  • At home, Bill Bryson
  • The next two Sookie Stackhouse novels, Charlaine Harris
  • Oryx and Crake, Margaret Atwood
  • The Scar, China Mieville
 Oh, the temptation!

No comments:

Post a Comment