Friday, 1 April 2011

Once we were Footsloggers

I went for a pre-dawn walk along the beach this morning, and was reminded that right about the same time, a couple of thousand endurance walkers and runners were amassed at Jells Park, preparing to start this year's Oxfam Trailwalker Melbourne event.

That means it's a whole year (minus two weeks) since I underwent the great ordeal . . . er, adventure: 100km walked in approx 35 hours and 44 minutes. It was a fabulous experience, but it did rather take over my life for nearly six months. I was intending to volunteer for the event this year, but never seemed to get around to it.

Anyway, the first teams have finished already -- the winners completed in 10 hours and 23 minutes. I think at this stage last year we had staggered into Olinda (check point 4) and were enjoying some well-deserved homemade baked beans.

I am also interested to observe that this year there is no team 001! That was our number, Team Footsloggers. For old times' sake, here's a link to our Footsloggers' Log. What an amazing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment