Sunday, 5 June 2011

A lapse

Part of the up-down (doubt vs euphoria) cycle of life-as-a-writer is that every so often we have a day when we lounge around moping. We think about every negative thing anyone ever said about what we wrote and completely forget the positive comments -- or if we do remember the positive comments, we tell ourselves that their authors were just reaching for something good to say, because really they hated ALL of it, and we can't actually write at all. And who are we kidding anyway, and why don't we just give it up all together.

Darn -- I swore I wasn't going to write a moping post (have been resisting all day, in fact), but it seems I just did. I'll shut up now and go away back into my cave.

Where there is wine and chocolate and coffee.

For something more upbeat, where I use phrases like 'onwards and upwards', please check my other blog.

P.S. I have actually had a very good writing week, making positive progress on the new project.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, cos the rest of us who are NOT writers never have days like that!

    Enjoy your wallow, it's good for you to have an occasional day like that, where you spend the day in your PJ's. You wake up the next morning, realise you smell REALLY bad, and that you'll have to do something about it. Sets you up for a productive day!
    - Deb

    ReplyDelete