Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Why you might not want a cat

This morning: Stumbled out of bed to feed the devilcat at approx 5:30am. Stumbled back into bed.

Half an hour later: Dragged myself out of bed and . . . holy firetruck! DEAD RAT on the floor of my bedroom, right where I should have stepped on it. Intestines streaked across the floor.

Much gagging and screeching at devilcat. Nearly miss train owing to cleanup and disinfectant operations.

Just now: Cleaned up rat's blood from floor of my bedroom -- RIGHT NEXT TO MY BED -- where I didn't notice it this morning.

Resignation and revulsion.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, c'mon, she's bringing you her equivalent of shopping! Fresh, too! One of my boys was munching on a bird just the other morning. luckily it was outside, though. Tell devilcat not to bring things into your room. It's all about the boundaries with kitty cats...I hope.

    ReplyDelete