Saturday, 17 December 2011

Blog Hole

I really haven't felt much like blogging over the past six weeks. I haven't felt like writing either. My muse has completely abandoned me.

As far as blogging goes, sometimes I can find interesting things to say about the most everyday things. Sometimes I feel driven to share and document things that happen, or things I think about, whether they're interesting or not!

Every so often I read back over this blog and marvel at June 2007 when I posted almost every day . . . I wrote a lot of fiction that month too. Back then the words bubbled out of me and whipping up a post was a breeze. I couldn't stop writing.

For some reason the regularity of my posting on this blog has been down this year. One might have thought I'd post more regularly with all the leisure time I've had. Ironic, huh. I think I slipped into a dreamy drift of days.

But the past six weeks (since I rejoined the workforce) have been different. I haven't wanted to write. I've had nothing to say. I've been exhausted and very time poor. Even when I've done something I might once have blogged about, I simply haven't been able to rouse the energy to put the words together. It's very sad. I feel like there's something missing.

My other blog has been neglected as well. All the words sucked into the great Blog Hole.

And so now I've resorted to stupid posts like this. Just for the sake of posting something. Pathetic!

2 comments:

  1. New jobs tend to do that. And even more so after a long no working / no commuting break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know. But it had better be temporary!

    ReplyDelete